Friday, September 16, 2011

Go West

I heard Christopher West speak to a group of priests, deacons and their wives, and religious from our diocese in Massena today on Blessed John Paul II's "Theology of the Body."  I know Mr. West has his critics...but you won't find me among them, at least not based on the very fine four-hour presentation to which I was privileged to listen today.  Most folks who speak about the Church's vision of human sexuality somehow manage to make sex... well... boring.  Not Christopher!  His blend of learning, reverence, humor, and hope--in my opinion--strike just the right chord for our times.

Among the many points to ponder with which I came home this evening was this gem: "We are only bitter toward the law when we desire to break it."  Think about that a bit...

Thanks a bunch, Christopher!


No comments: