Thursday, October 18, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Tomorrow, I'm headed here . . .



. . . because of her . . .


I'll be leaving in the morning (by way of Montréal and Paris) for Rome to take part in Sunday's canonization of Saint Kateri Tekakwitha.  Together with six others (including another "local," Saint Marianne Cope, with roots in Utica/Syracuse) the holy life and witness of the Lily of the Mohawks will be recognized far beyond the rivers, mountains, and valleys of our region which she long ago called home.  I'll be on pilgrimage along with a few of my brother priests from the Diocese of Ogdensburg and a few of my parishioners from here in Malone.  We'll return next Thursday.  I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to blog from Rome, but I'll try to fill you in at least a bit after I get back.

Please pray for a safe journey and the grace of a holy pilgrimage.
 

No comments: