Friday, November 18, 2011

Hot Dawg!

This morning, I got all duded up in my priestly finery to pay a visit to our own Holy Family School.  For a second year, at the invitation of their social studies teacher (who just happens to also be the principal), I did a little clerical "fashion show" for the eight graders (all boys this year), explaining the Catholic priest's traditional garb and how it relates to the more "normal" clothing of your ordinary gentleman.


(Maybe not so closely related to the clothing you see on these gentlemen.)  They, of course, love all the hats (as did the younger grades when I popped in to say hello).  I, of course, love walking along Main Street between the rectory and school, wondering what people are thinking when they see this black-caped man as they make their morning commute.  (Last year I did this a bit closer to Christmas, while my car was in the shop, so I was driving down a snowy Main Street in one of the big ol' parish trucks.  Nothing like subtlety...)

And then this afternoon, Fr. Stitt and I were invited to take part in a "focus group" taste test at the local Glazier hot dog plant.  Glazier dogs are a local institution; I grew up on the things.  They're working on a new product, and we got to be among the lucky few to give our opinion about it.


How much fun is that?  (I'd say more, but I don't want to give away any trade secrets.)  A few hot dogs later, and it was back to the office.

All in a day's work, I guess...

No comments: