Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Beer with Brigid

I'm a couple days behind in getting this on the blog, but it's such a great song it's still worth posting.  Kevin Heider's, "St. Brigid's Fire," recalls the 6th century Irish saint's famous description of heaven:

     I should like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings.
     I should like the angels of heaven to be drinking it through time eternal.
     I should like excellent meats of belief and pure piety.
     I should like the men of heaven at my house.
     I should like barrels of peace at their disposal.
     I should like for them pitchers of mercy.
     I should like cheerfulness to be their drinking.
     I should like Jesus to be there among them.
     I should like the three Marys of illustrious renown to be with us.
     I should like the people of heaven, the poor, to be gathered around from all parts.


St. Brigid's feast was February 1st...but I think you could still honor her with a pint...

 

  

No comments: