Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Continue to Pray


"I am strengthened and reassured by the certainty that the Church is Christ’s, who will never leave her without his guidance and care.  I thank all of you for the love and for the prayers with which you have accompanied me.  Thank you; in these days which have not been easy for me, I have felt almost physically the power of prayer – your prayers – which the love of the Church has given me.  Continue to pray for me, for the Church and for the future Pope.  The Lord will guide us."
Pope Benedict XVI
General Audience, February 13, 2013


O Lord Jesus Christ,
Supreme Pastor of Your Church,
we thank you for the ministry
of Pope Benedict XVI
and the selfless care with which he has led us
as Successor of Peter, and Your Vicar on earth.

Good Shepherd,
who founded Your Church
on the rock of Peter's faith
and have never left Your flock untended,
look with love upon us now,
and sustain Your Church in faith, hope, and charity.

Grant, Lord Jesus,
in Your boundless love for us,
a new Pope for Your Church
who will please You by his holiness
and lead us faithfully to You,
who are the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Amen.


Prayer courtesy of the Knights of Columbus
   

No comments: